Fun (and Free) Things To Do With Your Kids During Coronavirus
School is canceled, which means you’re now not only a parent, secretary and CEO of your household, but you’re also the teacher, principal, lunch lady and coach!
Oh, and you might be trying to do your actual job at home too. No big deal right...?
But we all know kids need to be entertained 24/7. With everything else you’re tasked with right now, I want to help make this part a little easier! And the best part is these things are all free!
If you’re looking for ways to keep your kids entertained while quarantined, here are some of our favorite ideas:
Kids Under 5
1. Make this simple DIY ball ramp, and make a fun game out of it, this one is super fun!
2. Play free games featuring all your kids favorite characters at pbskids.org.
3. ABCmouse.com offers a 30-day free trial of their interactive lessons and games.
4. Watch astronauts as they read children’s books from space, this one is super cool!
5. Through the quarantine, Other Goose is offering its charter school-approved curriculum for free!
6. Disney+ is a favorite in most houses, and they offer a seven-day free trial. (Be sure to set a reminder on your calendar to cancel on day seven!)
Kids 5 - 11
1. Create new animals, build a habitat for them and more with Switch Zoo Animal Games.
2. Check out this website of Dr. Seuss games!
3. Find DIY experiments, craft projects, stories, and more here: https://www.kiwico.com/kids-at-home.
4. Create your own spelling tests or choose from dozens at Spelling Training.
5. Help your kids plant their first garden! This site has everything you need.
Kids 11 - 18
1. Learn a new at https://www.duolingo.com
2. Use code-breaking and geography skills in these awesome Carmen Sandiego worksheets.
3. Check out free cooking and science experiments at: http://www.clubscikidzmd.com/blog/
4. Try a free trial of online courses for teens and even for adults!
5. Brush up on your writing skills with this writing course free trial.
All Ages, Even Parents!
1. Watch live video feeds of all sorts of animals from the San Diego Zoo.
2. This app adds music, sound effects and character voices to children’s books!
3. Watch these livestreams of real wildlife from Alaska!
We understand how crazy this time can be, but we hope this helps make things a little easier during this time!
(and thanks to Dave Ramsey for sharing this article at: